Monday, February 2, 2009

Working out the kinks

I have been playing around with the background to my blog the last couple of days. the picture on there now was done by Connell. He asked me what I wanted and I said that I didn't know. I just wanted it green and pretty. Then I suggested cherry blossoms on a branch and this is what he came up with. I like it for now. It needs some tweaking i think but it will do. Now I will wait for him to get home and get him to just make it wider so that the background stretches along the whole page.

EDIT: The background is all fixed now. I am going to try to get Connell to sketch me something everyday so that i can change my background every once in a while and feature his art on it.

In the mean time I have a couple of photos. The first one is the Birthday card I got form my workmates. our Secretary is great. And she does scrapbooking (something I want to get into but maybe in the digital form to save paper). So she whipped this card up for me and I love it. Everyone in our unit signed it and I got a very pink cake. I wish I had taken a photo of it. It didn't just look pink, it tasted pink too.

The second photo is where I am up to with my waving chevron scarf. Its coming along nicely and you can actually see the wave in it which is great. I think I'll just make it as long again as it is and that will be it. I will have plenty of the yarn for that too.

Talking of yarn I purchased 2 more skeins today from etsy. I know, I am bad. But as one lady at work said to me, its OK because I don't spend my money on cigarettes and drugs (I would say alcohol too, but the wine tour I went on yesterday would make me a liar), I don't buy any designer clothes, I have lots of clothes but they are all cheapies. so at least i am spending my money on something pretty and creative. I got 2 skeins from Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns. I got the Dragons Song for my mother, she loves all things dragons and I thought I would make her a scarf or shawl and I got me the Amethyst vine cause that's my favorite stone and I'll make something nice for myself with that.

Today I went to the physio. Next week I'll be starting hydrotherapy at my work pool which is great. It's an hour and a half after my work finishes but I might be able to try to get into work an hour late those days and then just stay back an extra half hour. Otherwise I live right near by so its no drama to get back to the pool once I have been home.

Tonight I played some WiiFit. Its fun. We have had the game for ages and I was using it every day when we first bought it, but soon enough, like most things I lost interest. Connell has been using it most days to chart his weight as he has been running a lot and loosing a lot of weight. But I am a lazy creature and have not been doing enough exercise and I am paying the price.

I used to be part of a "gym" called EFM. It was more of a club with a personal trainer though. They are franchised and all over the city. There is one close by that is run but the wife of a guy I used to work with. The problem is that its $100 a month if you go twice a week at that particular one. I used to pay that for unlimited access when I used to go. But its worth it. They set out programs for everyone every day. So it's different and fun each time. I really have to get off my butt and do something about it. My excuse at the moment is the heat wave. Hopefully next week it will be cool enough to go.

Here is a gorgeous video I was told about:

No comments:

Post a Comment